The Chronic Disease Directors Forum
NACDD convenes Chronic Disease Directors through the Chronic Disease Directors Forum to share best practices, identify emerging issues, and encourage/support peer networking through multiple learning opportunities.
The Regional Representatives Committee is a formal committee of the NACDD Board of Directors comprised of designated representatives of all 10 National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) regions. The Committee meets regularly to discuss current priorities and trends in chronic disease, providing guidance on the direction of NACDD’s programs and learning opportunities for Chronic Disease Director and emerging leader members.
The annual Survey of States monitors organizational capacity for chronic disease prevention practice; leadership and practice development needs; and emerging chronic disease prevention and health promotion issues and their impact on state-level public health practice. The survey findings inform the development of leadership programming carried out through the Chronic Disease Directors Forum and other peer-to-peer trainings and meetings.
Chronic Disease Forum offerings include:
- Chronic Disease Directors Forum Webinar Series (formerly First Thursday Webinars): Monthly webinars that feature speaker presentations on timely public health, leadership, and management topics, including discussion and opportunity for question and answer with speakers.
- Regional Network Video Meetings: Quarterly video conferences of each NCCDPHP region to advance state-to-state peer networking and leadership and management learning through a dynamic discussion of topics identified by the Regional Representatives Committee, CDC, or NACDD.
- Chronic Disease Prevention Leadership Meetings: Small group, in-person leadership meetings to identify emerging issues and strengthen processes, organization, and workforce.
- Thought Leader Round Table Meetings: In-person meetings of state and national chronic disease prevention and health promotion practitioners that elicit a scan across the field of practice and inform the development of recommendations on priority topics.
- Online Cohort Courses and Virtual Leadership Programs: Virtual training and support designed to build chronic disease competencies and promote the leadership and management capacity of Chronic Disease Directors and emerging leaders.
- Additional leadership and learning opportunities for Chronic Disease Directors and emerging leaders. Example offerings are the following and more:
- GEAR UP Journal Club in which participants engage in discussion of peer-reviewed literature on leadership and management topics.
- On-Demand Learning Series self-directed trainings to increase knowledge and application of the concepts and skills identified in the management and leadership domains of the chronic disease competencies.
- Leadership Literature Library and Collection of Case Stories that align with organizational capacity development best practices, share various strategies and practical approaches to organizational development, and can help support improved operational capacity.