NACDD INITIATIVES AND COUNCILS
Since 1988, the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors has grown from a handful of Chronic Disease Directors to more than 7,000 public health professionals, advocates, nonprofit workers, healthcare providers, and private industry executives. Our success stems from the strong efforts of these dedicated Members. We would not be where we are today without their critical participation.
Learn more about NACDD Initiatives and Councils
NACDD works to reduce the impact of chronic disease by advocating for health promotion policies, by encouraging knowledge sharing, by advancing leadership, and by developing and supporting programs and partnerships. NACDD Initiatives and Councils focus on specific chronic diseases to advance targeted prevention efforts and professional development opportunities for chronic disease staff. NACDD Initiatives and Councils offer Members the opportunity to network with their peers, to gain leadership experience, and to become thought leaders in the national dialogue on chronic disease prevention and control and health promotion.
Peer-to-peer networking is a top reason people cite for joining a professional association. Participating in an NACDD Council or an Initiative’s community of practice offers peer-to-peer connections among staff working in similar chronic disease areas as well as a communication channel with CDC program staff. Your involvement provides a way for you to share knowledge and best practices, brainstorm, problem solve, and innovate in your own public health practice.
Here are a few more ways to learn about NACDD Initiatives and Councils:
- Stay up-to-date through webinars, publications, and newsletters like the Impact Brief
- Check out the latest success stories in the What’s Working database to learn what other states are doing to prevent and control chronic disease
- Participate in NACDD’s quality professional development opportunities, like GEAR Groups or the annual, invitational Chronic Disease Academy
- Become familiar with NACDD’s event calendar so you don’t miss a chance to participate in our offerings
- Reach out to NACDD subject matter experts for help in connecting with national partners and in reaching program objectives
- Investigate NACDD social media channels and the NACDD website
- Update your Member profile to be sure you’re well-connected with the Association
- Nominate peers, coworkers, or yourself, to serve on the NACDD Board or take on another NACDD leadership position