New Resources Recently Added
Resource Round-Up on Social Connectedness:
* New Social Connectedness article: Social Connection as a Public Health Issue: The Evidence and a Systemic Framework for Prioritizing the “Social” in Social Determinants of Health (Holt-Lunstad, J, Annu. Rev. Public Health 2022. 43:29.1–29.21)
* Socially Connected Communities: Solutions for Social Isolation 2021 report from Healthy Places by Design
* Social Isolation and Loneliness: Impacts on Health and Approaches to Prevention for the Fairfax Community (released Dec 2021 from Fairfax County Government)
* BRIC Guidance Document on Social Connectedness (July 15, 2021)
* Social Connectedness Learning Series (facilitated by the Foundation for Social Connection)
Session 1: November 10, 2021 (Social Connection in all Sectors Systemic Framework) Slide deck | Recording
Session 2: December 8th, 2021 (Social Connectedness Strategies and Challenges) Slide deck | Recording | Summary of Strategies/Challenges during Peer Sharing
Session 3 (Jan 19): Recording and Notes Coming Soon!
* Social Connectedness Curbside Consulting
Sept 29 Session: Recording | Slide Deck | Resources Shared
Feb 16 Session: Recording and Slides
Mar 16 Session: Coming Soon!
Apr 20 Session: Coming Soon!
BRIC Peer Exchange Session – February 9 | Topic: State Plan on Aging | Recording and Notes
NEW/UPDATED Food and Nutrition Security State Profiles (see State Recipients Page)
The purpose of this resource is to highlight the collaborative opportunities within each state to strengthen food and nutrition security programs, policies and practices and infrastructure.
Rural Resource Round-up to Support BRIC