This position reports directly to the NACDD Senior Director of Programs and works closely with the Diabetes Lead Customer Service Consultant and the Senior Diabetes Lead Consultant. The Customer Service Center Subject Matter Expert will provide technical assistance to commercial health plans on covering and implementing the National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) lifestyle change program for health plan members. The CSC SME for commercial health plans will be responsible for proactive enagement with employers as well as responding to technical assistance requests received by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National DPP Customer Service Center. The CDC National DPP Customer Service Center in under development and will be the source of supporting tools and materials, along with associated technical assistance, for all National DPP stakeholder organizations. The CSC SME for employers will be assessed on CSC user satisfaction and on the ability to impact an increase and movement in the number of commercial health plans that are covering the National DPP lifestyle change program for employees.
Scope of Work:
· Provide a subject matter experts (SME) to serve on the National DPP Customer Support Center (CSC) SME team.
· Provide Technical Assistance (TA) and support to health plan seeking to cover and or stand up new CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs. Health plans will be identified through the CDC National DPP Technical Assistance and Support Center and/or proactively through SME outreach.
· Coordinate with CDC to collect and prepare technical assistance tools and resources and respond to requests from the Support Center.
· Assist in the evaluation of TA provided.
· Provide post National DPP State Engagement Meeting support to states and assist with other TA support to states, time permitting.
· Proactive engagement with health plans to get them involved in the National DPP.
· Develop specific resources/tools/training for the CSC based on an understanding of the needs of health plan organizations seeking to work in this space.
· Directly respond to questions triaged from the CSC for technical assistance.
· Work and/or lead coordination of all SMEs with input from CDC and NACDD to ensure all SMEs are using consistent messaging, sharing lessons learned, aware of updates/progress, etc.
· Prepare reports (written reports, oral presentations, or postings on websites) including but not limited to:
o Chief Executive Officer and/or Board reports (i.e. dashboard reports)
o Association materials and publications (NACDD annual report, e-bulletin, etc.)
o Peer reviewed journals
o Evaluation of conferences and other NACDD training events
o Program progress reports to CDC or other program funders and stakeholders
· Assist with grant application submission and other proposals for funding. This includes but is not limited to writing, compiling of information, and/or coordination of activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary to achieve program’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Master degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of five years of experience in the public health field.
· Knowledge of and experience in using the following tools and resources:
o NACDD National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Coverage Toolkit
o Diabetes Burden Toolkit
o Diabetes Prevention Impact Toolkit
o CDC Diabetes Prevention Emerging Practice documents
· Experience in designing and implementing disease prevention/health promotion benefits.
· Knowledge of screening systems/tools to identify those at risk and use of recommended tests for diagnosing prediabetes.
· Knowledge of health aggregators/integrators/health management platforms
· Knowledge of health promotion/self-management/prevention program promotion and beneficiary engagement/retention
· Experience in working with health care providers to set up screening, testing and referral systems
· Experience creating or using risk registries to identify at risk patients for use by insurer network health care providers
· Knowledge of the Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program (DPRP)
· Knowledge of CDC National DPP lifestyle change program and the evidence base that supports it
· General knowledge of business case, cost effectiveness and ROI of the National DPP
· Knowledge of payment and delivery models for disease prevention and self management programs
· Familiarity with CPT and ICD 10 codes
· Knowledge of prediabetes screening guidelines
· Ability to present information and provide technical assistance about the National DPP to various audiences including senior executives
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with a team
· Effective communication, and organizational skills; attention to detail is required
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, staff and consultants
· Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
· Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) is required
Classification: Contractual/Consultant status
Contract Duration: Project contract is 1 year; project duration could be multiple years
Annual Compensation: TBD
Benefits: There are not benefits associated with this position
How to Apply: For more information about NACDD visit www.chronicdisease.org. Applicants must send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Written by: Scott Reid