NACDD supported the Million Hearts®Cardiac Rehabilitation Think Tank that CDC convened in late October. The Think Tank focused on creating a strategic plan to advance the development, validation, and adoption of new care models in cardiac rehabilitation.
Goals of the Think Tank included:
- Understand the current field of new cardiac rehabilitation models and associated challenges
- Explore standards and accreditation for new cardiac rehabilitation models
- Come to agreement on terminology
- Outline how to secure reimbursement for the delivery of new cardiac rehabilitation models
- Secure commitments to implement the strategic plan
Attendees were diverse, cross-sector cardiac rehabilitation stakeholders from academia, health systems, payers, and federal agencies. They spent time as a full group as well as in smaller, breakout groups discussing: standards for cardiac rehabilitation implementation; terminology used to describe new care models; coverage and reimbursement approaches; and crafting inputs for a strategic plan. Moving forward, NACDD will continue to support CDC’s implementation of the actions identified throughout the Think Tank.
Throughout October, NACDD also supported a series of three webinars focused on cardiac rehabilitation on behalf of Million Hearts®. Topics included cardiac rehabilitation 101, new delivery models, and a review of existing evidence and gaps. These webinars also served as a means of level-setting knowledge across Think Tank attendees prior to the start of that event.
To learn more about Million Hearts® Cardiac Rehabilitation guidelines, please visit the following resources:
- Million Hearts®Cardiac Rehabilitation Webpage
- Available for syndication here
- Million Hearts®/AACVPR Cardiac Rehabilitation Change Package
- TAKEheart: The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s initiative to increase use of cardiac rehabilitation
- Million Hearts®Cardiac Rehabilitation Collaborative
- Million Hearts®Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Use Surveillance Methodology
- Million Hearts®Cardiac Rehabilitation Communications Toolkit
Read more from the November 2020 issue of Impact Brief below.
- Million Hearts® Cardiac Rehabilitation Think TankNACDD supported the Million Hearts®Cardiac Rehabilitation Think Tank that CDC convened in late October. The Think Tank focused on creating a strategic plan to advance the development, validation, and adoption of new care models in cardiac rehabilitation. Goals of the Think Tank included: Understand the current field of new cardiac rehabilitation models and associated challenges Explore […]
- From the CEO – November 2020 Impact BriefThank You for Making a Difference For all the challenges that 2020 has brought us, it also has demonstrated how vital the work you do is to the communities you serve and to our nation, as a whole. I encourage you to take a moment to watch a video featuring some of our Members, Leaders in […]
- Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Equity: The Key to Improving Life and Healthcare (2020)