January 2021 CEO Message
Now, more than ever, public health and state health are called upon to do the extraordinary. And now especially, we must celebrate our hard-won successes and look to future innovation as we create healthier, and more equitable, communities. Our fifth annual Program Success Showcase, held virtually this year on Feb. 5, is our time together to do just that.
We look forward to having you join us for this thought-provoking and inspiring public health event showcasing state and territorial accomplishments in chronic disease prevention and health promotion. (Be sure to register in advance.)
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, public health must further racial and health equity, but to do so we must strengthen trust in our institutions and in science. How do we do this as our national emergency continues? How do we care for our teams and ourselves so we can remain effective and maintain our capacity?
This year’s Showcase will feature two important panel discussions addressing these topics:
- Opening Keynote: “How State Health Departments Can Help Build Trust in Public Health and Promote Health Equity during COVID and Beyond”
- Closing Panel Discussion: “Mental Health and Combating Burnout for Public Health Staff during COVID and other National Emergencies”
- Dr. Caroline Clauss-Ehlers (moderator), Associate Professor, Rutgers University’s Graduate School of Education and Advisory Board Member for the Rosalynn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism
- Dr. Benjamin Miller, Chief Strategy Officer, Well Being Trust
- Linda Scarpetta, NACDD Board
- Denise Octavia Smith, Founding Executive Director, National Association of Community Health Workers
In addition, there will be presentations on innovative contributions states are making to chronic disease prevention and health promotion during our 30-minute breakout sessions.
I am excited to hear from our distinguished guests, and looking forward to discussing how we can all work together more effectively to answer the needs of our communities.
In Good Health and Gratitude,
John W. Robitscher, MPH
Chief Executive Officer
- Impact Brief CEO Message – November 2023
- New National Diabetes Prevention Program Coverage Toolkit Features
- Healthy Living With Arthritis
- NACDD Supports States in Implementing Activities that Align with the White House National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- NACDD Remains Committed To Inclusion Through 1705 Project and New Website