RFP Issued: March 24, 2023
Applications due: Friday, April 14, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. ET
All completed proposals and/or Questions: Contact Susan Svencer (email@example.com) and Julia Schneider (firstname.lastname@example.org), NACDD Cardiovascular Health Public Health Consultants, using “Data Validation Bid (contractor name).”
Period of Performance: April – December 2023
Funding: Up to $130,000. Total amount reimbursed will be determined by the number of applicants for the received and reviewed for the Million Hearts Hypertension Control Challenge.
About the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors:
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors improves the health of the public by strengthening state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and at the national level. Founded in 1988, NACDD aims to lead and influence the ways that chronic disease prevention and health promotion shapes the health landscape.
Brief Project Overview:
The resources provided through this opportunity are intended to support validation of the hypertension control rates submitted by Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Challenge applicants, as well as conduct background checks.
Contractors that have the following qualification are eligible to apply:
• Understanding of and/or previous experience working with Million Hearts® Initiatives.
• Expertise in conducting data validation and have workforces or can subcontract with entity(s) that can accomplish this project in the robust timeline indicated below.
• Expert knowledge and experience with clinical measurement and indicators as they apply to data validation processes.
• Experience working with large organizations in the development and implementation of validation protocols.
• Ability to provide background checks on clinicians, practices and health systems applying for this Challenge, or subcontract with an entity capable of this.
• Ability to conduct a record review for finalists whose data points are verified using the 8 and 30 File Sampling Procedure used by NCQA.
RFP Submission Requirements:
• Completed application including cover letter, narrative description, and proposed activities as described in the RFP process
• Budget – any format is acceptable provided intended utilization of funds is clear
A regularly updated FAQ is available to answer some of the most common questions about the application and process.