New Digital Home for Chronic Disease Prevention Offers More Resources to Help Members Reduce the Burden of Chronic Disease Across the US
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Paige Rohe, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-924-8295
(Oct. 18, 2018) – National Association of Chronic Disease Directors CEO John W. Robitscher, MPH kicked off the Association’s year-long celebration of its 30th anniversary today with the launch of the Association’s new digital home at chronicdisease.org. Developed during the course of a year and leveraging Member feedback, the new website offers state, tribal, and territorial chronic disease program staff targeted resources, practical guidance, and tools as well as networking and thought-leadership opportunities.
New features include:
- Detailed information about NACDD programs and councils in autoimmune disease, biomarkers, cancer, cardiovascular health, diabetes, health equity, health promotion, healthy aging, healthy communities, oral health, and the Pacific Chronic Disease Council.
- Opportunities to read our database of hundreds of Member and partner-submitted success stories on chronic disease programs and activities.
- A comprehensive Learning Center where Members can evaluate their competencies, strengthen their current skill sets, become better leaders, and apply to receive technical assistance for their programs.
- An enhanced Advocacy section providing previous NACDDD congressional testimony and sign-on letters, white papers, and tools to support Members’ advocacy work.
- Also available for the first time is NACDD’s Publications Library, a carefully curated selection of the most recent and relevant Association and partner documents covering our areas of focus.
The site continues to house other popular content, such as the most comprehensive listing of chronic disease training events available on the web as well as opportunities for Members to create their own online profiles to network in a secured space with those of similar interests.
Members have several options for learning more about the new digital resources available to benefit their work:
- Members are invited to attend webinars for an in-person tour and Q&A on any of the following dates (a recording will be made available of the webinar to watch on-demand at a later date):
- NACDD’s site map and companion tip sheet can provide a quick references for navigating the new space.
“Since we began in 1988, the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors has grown into a model public health organization and become the go-to resource for state and territorial work in chronic disease prevention and control.”