RFP Issued: Oct. 21, 2021
Responses Due: Nov. 30, 2021
Goal for completion: June 30, 2022
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors Overview:
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors improves the health of the public by strengthening state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and at the national level. Founded in 1988, NACDD aims to lead and influence the ways that chronic disease prevention and health promotion shapes the health landscape.
Internal CDC stakeholders, health departments, external partners and stakeholders, and members of the general public, particularly those who are unaware of the link between health and the economic solvency of a community.
Scope of Work:
Because of the importance of bringing lived experience and credibility to impacted audiences for this project, NACDD is prioritizing bids from businesses owned by Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, or other entrepreneurs who represent and have expertise in speaking to communities that have historically been oppressed or marginalized in the United States.
Contractor will produce up to eight two-minute interview-based films with CDC leadership in Atlanta, Ga. Contractor will be responsible for mapping out the narratives that should be told, scheduling the interviews, securing interview location space, filming the interviews, and providing post-production editing and support. Budget should assume two to three rounds of revisions.
- Web-ready/H264 files
- An organized folder of raw footage for CDC archives
- Full quality masters
- Audio descriptive transcript
- Captions/SRT files
- Photo stills
A successful proposal should include:
- Bids for video production services that demonstrate previous experience working on projects focused on health equity and/or addressing structural discrimination and systemic racism
- Current demo reel/sample videos
- Team members and bios
- Detailed budget
- Proposed production timeline that allows for 30-day clearance and two to three rounds of reviews by CDC
- Three references from past clients
- Previous experience with NACDD is a plus
- Videographers or business owners who represent and have expertise in speaking to Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, or other communities that have been historically oppressed will be prioritized for consideration
Disbursed funds are federal grant funds so contracted bidder must be in “good standing.”
Sample Evaluation Criteria
The following is a sample of the selection criteria that will be assigned a weighted point system to support selection of the most qualified vendor.
- POC-led and/or majority POC
- Partnerships and past clients
- Current demo reel/sample video
- Years in business
- Work on health equity
- Work on addressing structural discrimination (including racism)
- Documentary or interview style videos