Skip to content
- Abbreviate titles when used before a full name: Dr., Gov., Lt. Gov., Mrs., Rep., the Rev., Sen. Spell out Doctor and Professor if they start a sentence.
- Unless explicitly asked to use these terms or the preferred title is known, avoid using Mr., Mrs., and Ms.
- Mx. (pronounced Mix) may be used as a gender-neutral alternative in some business environments.
- In salutations and business letters, we recommend that you research the individual to identify the appropriate pronouns.
- Among NACDD staff and consultants, we refer to each other by our first names.