Public Health Leadership and Practice Coordinator
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is actively seeking candidates for a Public Health Leadership and Practice Coordinator Consultant position.
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors is a Member-based not-for-profit Association that improves the health of the public by strengthening state-based leadership and expertise for chronic disease prevention and control in states and at the national level.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Programs and in collaboration with the Public Health Leadership and Innovation Team Lead this position is responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating various program activities.
Scope of Work:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the peer learning/mentoring and innovation activities including the GEAR Groups, ECHO Clinics, and member engagement strategies.
- Assist in the development of the action plan and implementation plan.
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation the Thought Leader Roundtables.
- Collaborate on the implementation of State Engagement Meetings (StEM).
- Provide technical assistance to states and communities as needed.
- Provide support and assistance in the development of federal and other organizational grant opportunities.
- Provide training and support to project team members.
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior leadership to develop strategies that will broaden NACDD programmatic reach.
- Ensure all deliverables are met, timelines are adhered to, project reports are provided and submitted online and on time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration or related field with minimum of five years of experience in the public health or related field
- Experience in federal government grant programs and grants management
- Experience in writing grants (both for private funders and public funders), project work plans and project budgets
- Effective communication and organizational skills; ability to effectively communicate through technical writing for required Federal Government grants and cooperative agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with a team
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the senior management, staff, and other NACDD consultants.
- Must posses strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Able to take direction well and able to establish and maintain professional credibility and diplomacy.
- Available to travel as needed.
Classification: Contractual/Consultant status (1099)
Contract Duration: Project contract is 1 year; project duration could be multiple years
Benefits: There are no benefits associated with this position
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.