Health Disparities Tools & Resources
- What is a Health Disparity?
- Bridging Domains in Efforts to Reduce Disparities in Health and Health Care
- How Can Practice-based Research Contribute to the Elimination of Health Disparities?
- Using Community-Based Participatory Research to Address Health Disparities
Institute for Alternative Futures. The DRA Project: Using Healthy Eating and Active Living Initiatives to Reduce Health Disparities– February 2008 Report 08-01. 2008; 1-22.
1. Carter-Pokras O, Baquet C. What is a “Health Disparity”?. Public Health Reports. 2002; Vol.117: 426-434. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497467/
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2011). CDC Health Disparities and Inequalities Report – United States, 2011. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. January 14, 2011, 60(Supplement):1-116. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/other/su6001.pdf
3. Danaher A. (2011). Reducing Disparities and Improving Population Health: The role of a vibrant community sector. Toronto: On. The Wellesley Institute. Available at: http://www.wellesleyinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Reducing-Disparities-and-Improving-Population-Health.pdf
4. James SA. (2009). Epidemiologic Research on Health Disparities: Some Thoughts on History and Current Developments. Epidemiologic Reviews, 31:1-6. DOI:10.1093/epirev/mxp010. Available at: http://epirev.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/1/1.full
5. Thomas, Stephen B., Quinn, Sandra Crouse. (2008). Poverty and Elimination of Urban Health Disparities: Challenges and Opportunities. Annals of NY Academy Sciences 1136: 111–125. Available at: http://minority-health.pitt.edu/1022/1/Poverty_and_Elimination_of_Urban_Health.pdf