Chronic Disease Directors Forum
Who We Are
We provide learning opportunities for Chronic Disease Directors and their staff across the country.
NACDD’s Public Health Leadership and Practice (PHLP) team, coupled with other NACDD programs, facilitates activities that build health promotion and public health capacity for leadership and management as well as programmatic expertise at the state and territorial level.
The Regional Representatives Committee meets regularly to discuss current topics and trends in chronic disease. The Committee guides NACDD’s programs and learning opportunities.
Featured Programs and Learning Opportunities
- The Chronic Disease Directors Forum Webinar Series (formerly First Thursday Webinars) keeps you up-to-date on current trends, topics, and information in public health.
- Active engagement in meetings including quarterly Regional Network Video Meetings and in-person Chronic Disease Prevention Leadership Meetings allows you to network with and learn from peers and identify strategies that may enhance chronic disease systems and processes.
- Programs for New Chronic Disease Directors build your leadership and management capacity and chronic disease competencies:
- New Chronic Disease Directors Orientation and Leadership Network
A four-month, distance-based orientation course to facilitate newly hired Chronic Disease Directors’ learning and skill acquisition on a wide range of topics and enhance effective public health leadership. The course networks new Chronic Disease Directors with each other and with Directors having longer tenures, and it links participants to information, technical assistance, and resources available at the national level.
- Chronic Disease Director & Emerging Leader Coaching Program
A six-month program, which engages paired coaches and new Chronic Disease Directors/emerging leaders, to build leadership capacity in chronic disease prevention and health promotion. Through one-on-one interactions with an experienced Chronic Disease Director, new Chronic Disease Directors/emerging leaders receive practical advice, guidance, and support for further development of their leadership competencies.
- Leadership and learning opportunities for you and chronic disease staff include the On-Demand Learning Series, a collection of State Case Stories, GEAR UP Journal Club, and other offerings.
We are in the process of updating our website, so please stay tuned for more information to come.