Achieving Successful Bi-Directional Electronic Referrals
Community e-Connect is a bi-directional linkage between clinical electronic health records (EHRs) and community-based organizations (CBOs). A one-page overview of the project can be found here, and a more detailed overview of the project process is available here (.pptx).
States can determine their readiness to participate using this assessment.
Community e-Connect directly supports the following strategies and activities outlined in CDC-RFA-DP18-1815PPHF18:
• A.6. Implement strategies to increase enrollment in CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs Diabetes Management and/or Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
• B.7 Implement systems to facilitate systematic referral of adults with hypertension and/or high blood cholesterol to community programs/resources
Community e-Connect may also impact these strategies and activities in CDC-RFA-DP18-1815PPHF18:
• A.3. Increase engagement of pharmacists in the provision of medication management or DSMES for people with diabetes
• A.4. Assist health care organizations in implementing systems to identify people with prediabetes and refer them to CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs for type 2 diabetes prevention
• B.5. Develop a statewide infrastructure to promote sustainability for CHWs to promote management of hypertension and high blood cholesterol
For more information about Community e-Connect, please contact Susan Svencer, firstname.lastname@example.org.