NACDD’s CVH team hosted a national webinar on Feb. 10 to promote the Million Hearts® Hospitals and Health Systems Recognition Program. The webinar provided an overview of the program and highlighted opportunities for alignment and cross-collaboration amongst various programs within the Chronic Disease Center. The Million Hearts® Hospitals and Health Systems Recognition Program is a great avenue for promoting evidence-based strategies and recognizing the work of clinical partners in states and localities.
Watch a recording (passcode 76%2=6dY) of the event, which provides an overview of the program, areas of alignment across CDC divisions, a working example from Colorado, and an introduction to three of our designees.
CDC, in collaboration with NACDD, is also proud to recognize two new Million Hearts® Health Systems: The Ohio State University and Wexner Medical Center of Columbus, OH, as well as HopeHealth of Florence, SC.
NACDD encourages State Health Departments to share the success of these designees with their heart disease and stroke, nutrition/physical activity, and tobacco control programs, encouraging outreach to local hospitals and health systems to support them in seeking recognition of their own. The Million Hearts® Hospitals and Health Systems Recognition Program provides an opportunity to acknowledge and share the insights and contributions of hospitals and health systems nationwide in efforts to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Spotlight on The Ohio State University and Wexner Medical Center of Columbus, OH
- Spotlight on HopeHealth of Florence, SC
- Join NACDD for #GivingTuesday 2023
- Equity in Action: Uniting Against Tobacco and Cancer Disparities
- NACDD Releases Communication Guide for Dementia Risk Reduction
- Impact Brief CEO Message – October 2023
- Diabetes Awareness Month: NACDD Highlights Partners’ Commitment to Diabetes Prevention and Management