Upon completion of this learning opportunity, participants will be able to:
1. Explain what systems thinking is.
2. Discuss how systems thinking can beapplied to public health problems.
3. Apply systems thinking concepts to their own chronic disease prevention activities.
Chronic Disease Competencies
- Explain systems thinking and principles of systems change through Return on Investment (ROI), payment reform, and care coordination models.
- Apply effective problem-solving processes and methods.
- Develop and adapt approaches to problems that take into account differences among populations.
- Interact effectively with other major sectors and key stakeholders (including the healthcare industry, transportation, parks and recreation, education and private sector).