Listen to the narrated slideshow.
Reflection and activities: Once you have listened to the narrated slideshow, please complete one or both of the activities below.
Stretch Assignment: If you are a supervisor, consider developing a stretch assignment for someone you supervise.
- Ask the individual to complete the NACDD Chronic Disease competencies assessment – https://www.chronicdisease.org/page/competencies
- Discuss desired/needed areas of growth
- Align on skill and knowledge gaps to be addressed by the stretch assignment
- Identify a low risk opportunity to work with (e.g., turning around a struggling project, organizing and leading a meeting, optimizing an inefficient process)
- Scope out the assignment (i.e., task description, objectives, success metrics, feedback loop)
- Evaluate and identify any areas for improvement
- Identify a topic of interest (e.g., improving health equity, addressing root causes)
- What are the key objectives of this mentoring group? (e.g., increase capacity, expand areas of expertise)
- Identify participants (internal and external, if appropriate)
- Convene the first meeting and develop “rules” of engagement regarding entrance/exit, frequency, length, topic selection, and format – e.g., subject matter expert presentation, brown bag, journal article discussion
- Align on how the group will incorporate solutions/learnings/identified best practices into workflow