Upon completion of this learning opportunity, participants should be able to:
1. Explain what it means to have influence without authority.
2. Identify at least two methods and strategies for influencing without authority in their chronic disease prevention work.
NACDD Chronic Disease Competencies
- Establish and maintain linkages and/or partnerships with key stakeholders (including other programs, government agencies and nongovernmental lay, and professional groups) to build support for chronic disease prevention and control.
- Use effective collaboration strategies to build meaningful partnerships.
- Provide leadership to create key values and shared vision.
- Demonstrate ability to build capacity at all levels of decision making to promote community solutions for ending health disparities.